Tired of typing out the same reply every time someone emails you with a common question? Save time and maintain business relationships by quickly getting back to them.
Just compose your reply once and save the message text with the canned responses lab. Later, you can open that same message and re-send it with just a few clicks.
- Automate email responses based on criteria like sender, keywords, labels, subjects, and more.
- Create multiple signatures.
- Send answers to common customer or client inquiries with just a few clicks.
- In Gmail, click Settings and select Settings.
- Select the Labs tab.
- Scroll to the canned responses lab and click Enable.
- At the bottom, click .
- Click the Down arrow in the formatting toolbar of your compose window and select canned responses.
- Send a canned response: Choose a saved response to insert in your email, then click Send.
- Save a response: After composing your message, click New canned response and name your response. You can also overwrite previously saved responses by clicking that response’s name under Save.
- Delete a saved response: Click the response you want to delete.
- In the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow .
- Enter your search criteria, then click Create filter with this search.
- Check the Send canned response box and select one of your saved canned responses.